Monday, February 18, 2008

Why is it...

...that the walk from my bedroom to the nursery grows exponentially longer in the middle of the night?

...that when I have a spare minute, I can't ever think of all the stuff I need to do?

...that snaps on pajamas are my worst nightmare in the wee hours of the morning?

...that Clare, who is a great sleeper, has started waking up in the middle of the night since the twins were born?

...that even with all the nighttime wakings and incessant feedings, I still think my girls are growing up too fast?

...that when Clare stays up two hours later than usual, she wakes up one hour earlier?

...that when someone comes over to help me with the girls, they are all on their best behavior?

2 comments:

laurie d. moreland said...

so many of these things are so true and so unexplainable! mere is the same way with most, i can only imagine with three. again, they are lucky.

Ashley said...

I just found your blog! your twins are beautiful. I prayed for you when they were born, but this is my first time to see pictures of them older than a day or two. They are precious. Claire is so adorable too. Glad you are handling the joys of motherhood so well!

Ashley (core) Nelson