Saturday, March 8, 2008

One of My Favorite Things

When I was on bed rest, Casey started taking Clare to McDonald's on Saturday mornings. They would have pancakes and play on the indoor playground. Since the twins have arrived, this has become a standing date between the two of them, and I love it. Every week is a slightly different experience, from what I am told. Sometimes it is very crowded, and Clare is too shy to go play. Other times, they have the run of the place and Casey will climb through the tunnels with her. Or there was the time that a kid threw up one of the tunnels....one of the tunnels that Casey and Clare had to climb through to get out! However, the constants are pancakes, 'dip dip' (syrup), and the playground. Of course there are weekends that they don't get to go, but more often than not, on Saturday mornings you will find two of my favorite people eating under the golden arches. I love this weekly event for several reasons:
1. I get some extra, much appreciated sleep.
2. I think it is great for Clare to have some special time with her parents, without her sisters around. Especially with her Daddy. There is something special about a father/daughter relationship, and I want to encourage that as much as possible.
3. Also, this outing is something that I can see continuing well into the future. Even when Clare is older, I still think she might enjoy have pancakes with her Dad....hopefully.
4. With the babies on lock-down, Clare is forced to stay home most of the time. This is a fun reason for her to get out of the house.
5. Did I mention the sleep?

2 comments:

ginny said...

aw, my dad and i went to donut stop every saturday. that's where i earned the nickname "lard butt" from MY loving father. in spite of that, i have SUCH fond memories of those times together! i'm really glad casey and clare have their tradition too...

Anonymous said...

that's neat that clare has the special time with casey...what a good dad! i'm also glad you get some much deserved sleep. hope ya'll are doing well.

courtney smith