Saturday, October 11, 2008

The End of an Era

Tonight marks the end of an era at our house. We have moved Clare out of her crib. We have potty trained, gotten rid of the bink, and tonight Clare is sleeping in her "big girl bed." Another milestone checked off the list. While each of these things is exciting, I can't help but feel a bit sad when I know we have completed another "stage" in her little life. Plain and simple, she is just growing up too fast. But enough about that, let's looks at some pictures.

Huge thanks to my mom for taking this...

and turning it into this:


We still have some finishing touches to add in...more pillows, moving the picture above the bed, etc. Nonetheless, Clare was very excited about having more room.




She wasn't the only one who was excited about all of the "newness."


After all the monkey business, she laid down quite nicely. After looking way too big in her crib, she looks so small in her big girl bed.
Sweet dreams to my biggest little girl.

9 comments:

ginny said...

how VERY cute!!

Anonymous said...

Clare, I love your big bed. you are really growing up. I bet you could sleep on Mamma's big bed now.
Love you, Mamma

Julie said...

she
looks
so
big!!!
too
fast....

Shanta said...

Oh Hayley, I can't believe she's in the BGB! I imagine it's kind of bittersweet. You are such a good sweet mommy. And I love what your mom was able to accomplish with that comforter. She's awesome.

Paige and Jon Erickson said...

I love her big girl bed...too cute! It was great to see you guys this weekend. The girls are absolutely precious!

The Speck family said...

Cute, cute, cute- cute bedding, cute room, and cute girls!

Alli said...

I LOVE the bedding! And I can't imagine how emotional I'll be when we get to big milestones like that. I cried just because they outgrew their preemie clothes!

Jennifer K said...

Very Cute! Your mom is very talented!!

Laura said...

How can I get LoJen to make me a quilt? That is beautiful! Can't believe Clare is in a big girl bed...amazing! She's so sweet!