Thursday, January 24, 2008

Cabin Fever


Yesterday I woke up with a strong case of cabin fever. I needed to get out of the house, and I didn't care where we went. Since our doctors have advised us not to take the little girls out to public places during cold season, I loaded everyone up and headed to my mom's. I hadn't taken all three girls out yet by myself, and man, it was quite a chore to get us all ready. First, I had to feed the little ones. That takes about 30-45 minutes (at least). Next, I dressed and diapered all three girls. Then, I loaded the twins into their car seats, so that if they fell asleep they would already be where they needed to be! I gathered up all of the necessities for the day...change of clothes for Jane and Sydney, diapers for everyone, three pacifiers, blankets, lovies, pajamas for Clare, and my big diaper bag. Once all that was together, Clare decided she needed a snack and a drink. I fixed her a cup of juice and a bowl of Cheerios. Finally, we were ready to actually get in the car. I loaded all three girls in the car, making sure they are all securely in their car seats and warm enough. I went back inside to get the bag of aforementioned stuff, and headed for the door. An hour and a half later I was ready to hit the road, but not before I stepped on some Cheerios that had mysteriously appeared on the floor.

We arrived at Mom's around noonish. It was very nice to be out of the house for the day. Since Casey has been working late this week, we stayed until after dinner. Although it took a lot of prep work to get out of the house, it was well worth it. I know I enjoyed the change of scenery, and I am sure the girls did as well.



Clare continues to do really well with her new role of big sister. Here she is teaching Sydney all about the animals on Noah's ark. She occasionally needs reminders on being gentle and talking quietly, but all in all, she has done great.

In other news, Sydney and Jane got their first Synagis shot today. I hated watching them get poked, but maybe now I won't be quite as paranoid about germs. The only good part of the doctor visit was that they each got weighed. Jane weighs 8 lbs. 2 oz. and Sydney weighs 7 lbs. 11 oz. It is always nice to hear that they are gaining weight. Jane weighs what Clare weighed when she was born, but I don't think Jane will ever have the thigh rolls that her big sister had!

1 comment:

laurie d. moreland said...

hayley, your girls are so sweet- all 3 of them. i can only imagine the chaos of an outing.. it's tough enough with one! you amaze me with how you just take it all in stride. you're girls and casey are lucky.