Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Holding Pattern


I haven't taken many pictures of Clare lately because every time I get out the camera, she makes her "mean face"....see below. The above picture is from a month or so ago, but I still like it. I wish I could capture a more current smiling picture, but she doesn't seem near as interested in making a "happy face."


Jane and Sydney are 5 weeks old today. Having your second (and third) child is a whole different ball game. When Clare was their age, I would hold her all the time. The twins get fed and then usually get put down. I just don't have time to sit around and hold them. In the long run, I know it is good that they aren't getting used to being held all of the time. However, I also know that they don't stay little for very long, and I hate to miss out on the stage where they are just happy to fall asleep in my arms. After Clare is in bed for the evening, I usually try to get in some good holding time.


3 comments:

Hollie Reese said...

Oh the "second and third child guilt" begins...Not a day goes by when I don't think...I never rock brooks to sleep or I never just sit and read him books like I used to do with Riley. A million thoughts go through my mind like that every day! I guess that is what having more than one child is all about! The truth is, they will be just fine!

leslie said...

Girl! I didn't even know you had a blog until tonight! I had so much fun reading back through all of your posts. Your 3 girls are beautiful!!!

hejlyeah said...

Um, you have a blog?? SO good to see you online! Congrats on your amazing family, and be in touch!