Tuesday, May 22, 2018

6th Grade Celebrations

Clare is 7 days away from being done with elementary school.  After seven years at the same school, I think she is ready is move on ,but there is a definitely a bitter sweetness to it all.  The end of school brings lots of celebrations, and especially at the end of 6th grade!

First, I let Clare stay home for one day....a "6th grade skip day." so to speak.  We had a really fun day together.  

We headed out for our day!



We went shopping,



got our toes done,



  went for lunch and then planted some flowers.  


It was a special day with my oldest girl. 

Our church had a special blessing for the 6th graders.  We had a nice dinner, and then the parents read a letter of blessing over their child.  



I knew I wouldn't be able to get through reading a letter to Clare, so thankfully, Casey fulfilled the task.  We are so proud of her, and I just can't believe that she is going to middle school.

 




It was a nice evening with our church group. Next week, we have the 6th grade party and a celebration program at school!  Then, summer will be upon us!!!




No comments: