Despite the aforementioned early wake-up time, we are in a good routine around here. Our schedule changes all of the time, but for now I will take advantage of the relative predictability that each day brings with it.
The twins still take a morning nap around 9:30 or 10:00, which allows me some quality time with Clare. She loves to make the most of this time and do all of the things she isn't allowed to do while Jane and Sydney are awake....paint, play with toys with small parts, and play "squeezy glue."
Then after lunch, usually between 1:30 and 2:00, all three girls go down for an afternoon nap. It is so nice to have a chunk of time when all three girls are asleep. This is usually when I get dinner ready...at least as much as possible, do laundry, try to pick up (although that is not my strong suit), etc. It gives me a chance to recharge for the second half of the day.
The twins usually sleep for about an hour and half at both of their naps. Clare has been taking longer ones...today she slept for three house. So, after the little ones wake up, I usually have some time to focus on them before big sister rises. Combine that with the two days that Clare is in school, and I feel like I am getting some good quality time with Sydney and Jane.
After everyone is up from afternoon naps, it's lots of playtime. Casey usually gets home around 6:00, and then it is action packed until bedtime. We do dinner, baths, pajamas, and bedtime somewhere between 7:30 and 8:00....and I think everyone is tired!
3 comments:
What an amazing person you are and how lucky the girls and Casey are. Makes me exhausted just reading about your days. Thank you for everything you do !
I THINK YOU ARE DOING WONDERFUL WITH SUCH A SWEET FAMILY. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU AND I LOVE YOU. MAMMA
You're my hero. I may need to call you for some advice soon on nap time!
Post a Comment