Monday, June 23, 2008

Uncharted Territory


Somebody wasn't lying when they deemed the second year of life the "terrible twos." Lately, I feel as though someone has kidnapped my sweet, agreeable child and replaced her with an evil look-alike!

All kidding aside, the past week Clare has really been testing her limits. If we say 'black,' she says 'white.' If I say 'inside,' she says 'outside.' Loudly. Usually accompanied by a scream/whine. I am hoping this is just a phase and not a reflection of our parenting skills!

This week we are beginning "Toddler Boot Camp." Higher expectations; more structure; less wiggle room in the rules. Hopefully, this will help take the edge off of the "twos."

Don't get me wrong, she still is one of my favorite three kids on earth. I am trying to enjoy every day with my three girls. I feel very lucky to be at home with them, and I know that I will blink and they will all be in school. So, I am just hoping this phase "comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb."

However, I must say, that if this is any preview of what's to come....Sydney is going to really test my skills when it is her turn!

9 comments:

Lometa said...

I think she is just missing her LoLo & Pop. We will be coming to her rescue in a few days.

Laura said...

That picture of Clare is one of the funniest things I've ever seen...love it!

Jennifer K said...

That face is priceless. So cute!

Cortni said...

That picture is hilarious! Don't you just love the toddler years! Once Braden found that he has an opinion, he wanted to share it all the time :)

Your 3 girls are adorable!!

Hope toddler boot camp is a success!

Anonymous said...

I don't believe it!

Angie

Anonymous said...

Total cuteness- I love that pouty pic! Your girls are adorable and your boot camps inspire me!!!

Shanta said...

I love that you captured the "tude." That's the face I give Ken when he talks back to me.

Brooke said...

is "toddler boot camp" something you read in a book? if so, please pass on the title. expecting to need it in say, one week. :)

M J said...

HEHE!!! When Celestia was about that age she threw "no thank you" fits. Her Nana told her that it wasn't nice to shout "no!" so instead she threw herself on the floor and screamed "no thank you! No thank you!"