Tryouts for volleyball started in early August. It was a time-consuming, stressful time, but the girls never complained. They had worked hard all summer, but knew that it would be a long shot to make the time because three schools were joining together. On the final day of tryouts, each girl was brought in to the coaches' office to receive their fate.
I'll never forget the excited girls running out of that gym to tell us that they had made it! Such a fun moment. Sydney made A team, and Jane made B team, and both girls were thrilled.
That night began a whirlwind of buying uniforms, starting practices, tournaments, kick-off dinners, and meeting new teammates! The excitement was palpable, and the girls were excited to start at a new school with their volleyball crew.
The volleyball season is fast and furious. Two games per week with tournaments sprinkled thorughout. There were highs and lows for both girls, but it was such a fun experience that I am so thankful they had the opportunity to be a part of it all.
The season ended with a banquet!
I'm not sure what their volleyball future holds, but I do know that they will always have fond memories from their freshman year. Casey and I are so proud of all of their hard work.

.jpg)
.jpg)



.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment