Clare
completed a new milestone this summer! Sleep away camp! She went to Camp Deer Run for a week at the beginning of August.
We all took her and got her settled into her cabin.
Her good friend Payton was at camp with her, and I was so thankful that she had a friend there.
I'm not gonna lie....leaving her there was hard. She was excited, but I could tell that she was so nervous. This particular camp is very rustic and "outdoorsy." Clare knew all that before we signed her up, but I think the reality of it set in upon arrival.
It didn't help when I saw this picture on the camp website. Clare doesn't look exactly thrilled!
It was a long week without her, but on Friday morning, I showed up and she was all smiles. She had a great week (with a few moments of homesickness), but tons of fun!
It was so great to see her, and I loved having a two hour drive home where she could fill me in on all of the details!
The same day I picked her up from camp, we headed to Colorado! Lots of summer fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment