The other night my dad came over for dinner. Clare kept asking Pop if he could stay and play "big girl toys" after the babies went to bed. Clare has a slew of toys that she can only play with after Jane and Sydney go to bed, and she LOVES these toys (and the one-on-one attention she gets). Of course, Pop agreed. As soon as Clare heard the babies' door click closed on their way to bed, she looked up at Pop with a huge grin and said "They are in their cage."*****************
Clare is an early riser. She usually makes an appearance in our room some time in the 6:00 hour. That combined with a few other sleep issues we are having, we got her a digital clock. We told her that she could come out of her room as soon as the first number reads "7." This morning, at precisely 7:00, Clare came running out of her room. I think it is so funny just imagining her laying there waiting for the 7 to finally show up!
*****************

Our latest battle with Miss Clare is whining. Ugh, the whining...which oftentimes morphs into arguing, and it's making me a crazy lady.

However, I have learned in the past three and a half years, in terms of parenting the good far outweighs the bad, and Clare has a great little personality that brings a smile to my face a million times a day.

Our latest battle with Miss Clare is whining. Ugh, the whining...which oftentimes morphs into arguing, and it's making me a crazy lady.

However, I have learned in the past three and a half years, in terms of parenting the good far outweighs the bad, and Clare has a great little personality that brings a smile to my face a million times a day.
4 comments:
Haha! Now, if only I could get my 12-year-old to stay in her room until 7:00!
I used to tell my girls that I don't understand whining, and when they wanted to come back to me and tell me in a nice voice, that I would understand. I worked... most of the time! :)
Hi Hayley, It's Allison, Chris's wife. Love the alarm clock with the different colors! That is what we need for Carson. Where did you get it?
Great pictures! Clare is beautiful!
In their cage?!? That's hilarious! I remember the 3-going-on-4 stage with Ellie. I think it's been the hardest stretch for us so far. Fortunately, they don't stay there forever. :)
Post a Comment