Friday, February 8, 2008

Double Take and Doctor Reports


With hospital bills and insurance information piling up, I decided to get organized. I sat down to go through them the other night, and I came upon the bill from the neonatologist group that treated the girls at delivery and in the NICU. I briefly looked at Jane's and saw that it was an itemized bill, starting with my C-section. The first charge was listed as "Delivery Attendance" and the following charges were for the doctors to make rounds during each day of the girls' hospital stay. Nothing stood out, so I moved onto Sydney's bill. Again, the first charge was for "Delivery Attendance." It was the second line that made me do a double take. It read "Infant Resuscitation."
Now, I knew that Sydney had a hard delivery and that it was pretty tense in that operating room. I also knew that she wasn't breathing when she came out. So, it only makes sense that she would need resuscitating, but seeing it written in black and white really made me think. I had a sick feeling in my stomach thinking 'what if.' I am so thankful for my three healthy girls. Maybe I should be a little more appreciative when I hear Sydney's lungs open up in the middle of the night`and let out that loud cry!
With all of that said, I am very happy to report that both girls got a clean bill of health at their two month check-up. Jane weighs 9 lbs. 4 oz. and Sydney weighs just shy of 9 lbs. It is always nice to hear that they are gaining weight and progressing well!

1 comment:

MereMoore said...

oh my goodness-that is so scary-i am glad everyone is so strong and healthy!