Saturday, August 20, 2016

Camp Deer Run

Clare completed a new milestone this summer!  Sleep away camp!  She went to Camp Deer Run for a week at the beginning of August. 

We all took her and got her settled into her cabin.  


Her good friend Payton was at camp with her, and I was so thankful that she had a friend there.


I'm not gonna lie....leaving her there was hard.  She was excited, but I could tell that she was so nervous.  This particular camp is very rustic and "outdoorsy."  Clare knew all that before we signed her up, but I think the reality of it set in upon arrival.

It didn't help when I saw this picture on the camp website.  Clare doesn't look exactly thrilled!


It was a long week without her, but on Friday morning, I showed up and she was all smiles.  She had a great week (with a few moments of homesickness), but tons of fun! 


It was so great to see her, and I loved having a two hour drive home where she could fill me in on all of the details! 

The same day I picked her up from camp, we headed to Colorado!  Lots of summer fun!

No comments: