Sunday, August 25, 2013

'Twas The Night Before Kindergarten

Originally posted August 21, 2011.  Edited for my new kindergarteners!
 
 'Twas the night before kindergarten, and all through the house
the anticipation was building, in large amounts!
The backpacks were hung by the back door with care,
with lunchbox and snack and clothes to spare.

The students were nestled all snug in their beds, 
while visions of crayons danced in their heads.
With Mama a bit nervous, but excited as well
Hopeful the first day will really go swell.



Haircuts, new shoes, all checked off the list.
First day outfits are picked out and pressed!
P.E. and music, computers and art
And the girls so excited for the big day to start!


All day I will wonder about my little sidekicks,
How are they doing?  Which friends will they pick?
My girls are quite ready, for a while I've known,
It's just hard to think how fast they have grown!









No comments: