Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Gotta Keep 'Em Separated

After much thought and discussion, Casey and I have decided to separate Jane and Sydney in school this year.  Originally, we thought we would do this in kindergarten, but due to their personalities, recommendations from their teachers, and just a gut feeling, we have opted to do it one year earlier.


We made this decision several months ago, and since then, we have been discussing it with the girls.  They are fully aware that they will be in different classes, and repeatedly tell me that they "will see each other at chapel and recess."


While separating them hurts my heart just a little bit, I am kind of excited to see how they will do individually.  I think Jane especially will really spread her wings.  I also think it will be good for the girls to be separated so that they aren't compared academically.  They will each be able to learn at their own pace.






Jane and Sydney each know who their teachers will be in the next school year, and we will go meet them soon.  I am excited to see how both of these girls will do this year.  Perhaps being apart will make them appreciate each other more when they are home together???



1 comment:

chelsea said...

They will thrive! And then be more grateful for their time together. Can't wait to hear how it plays out.