Saturday, April 28, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday

One year ago today, Graham Charles Eoff joined our family.  I have such fond memories of his actual birth day!  

Casey and I checked in to the hospital early on that Thursday morning.  I was feeling so excited.  When I had Clare, I was nervous.  She was my first, and I didn't know what to expect.  When Jane and Sydney were born, I was scared to death because they were coming much earlier than planned.  But with Graham, I remember feeling only excitement!

My c-section was without complication, and the doctor announced that Graham weighed a whopping 9 lbs, 8 oz.  I think I just started laughing.  He weighed almost as much as the twins COMBINED!


Because of his large size, they had to take him to the nursery pretty quickly.  I didn't get to hold him until I was settled into my room.  However, Casey went with Graham and the nurse to the nursery.  When Casey returned to me, he said, "He is awesome!"


And the past year with him has been just that...awesome.  He is the sweetest baby.  He has been so content in our loud, busy family.  He tolerates his sisters trying to hold him, pretending they are his mom, and petting him.  He is flexible with his naptimes, and he eats everything.  And more than anything, he is just almost always happy!


Admittedly, as he is growing up he is learning more and more that he has an opinion about things.  He is a busy little guy right now, exploring every crevice of the house.  He pulls up all of the time, he is standing by himself, and he can climb up the stairs.


My heart hurts thinking about the fact that he is one.  Knowing that he is my last baby makes the day bittersweet.  Where did my baby boy go?  The past year has gone so incredibly fast...as they all seem to. 


I am so thankful for this sweet boy and the perfect addition he is to our family.  What a wonderful first year it has been! 


Happy Birthday Graham!

.


4 comments:

Lometa said...

Happy Birthday Precious Graham!

Deedee and Papaw said...

Happy Birthday to our baby boy. Time is passing way too fast. We love you.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRAHAM. WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU. MAMMA

The Kuhlmans said...

Happy Birthday Graham! Great post.