Monday, April 2, 2012

The Desk

For Clare's birthday, Casey and I decided to get her a desk for her room.  She loves nothing more than playing "school," (or really anything where she can boss people around!)

So, I scoured Craigslist for old desks and found this one:


It was the perfect size for her room, and the layout was perfect for my little lefty!


But it definitely needed some work.  Enter my dad!  We hid the desk at my parents' house, and my dad took over the refurbishing process.  I brought him the fabric and the paint, and he transformed the old, boring white desk into this:


Perfect for my six year-old's room!
I love it!

And judging by this sweaty, after-soccer practice smile....I think she loves it too!


Many, many, MANY thanks to my Dad for being willing to paint a desk hot pink!


2 comments:

chelsea said...

Great redo!! Love the pink. Great job!

Alli said...

So cute!