Sunday, February 5, 2012

Our New Chore System

I am constantly looking for ways to keep my house cleaner.  Most of these ways have failed. 
 I have tried fancy chore charts.  I have one with all the magnets.  I have made cute charts from pinterest.  But I haven't ever been able to stick to one where I need to measure the completion of the chore at the end of  EVERY day.  By the end of the day, I am ready to get my kids in bed....not dole out stickers or magnets for picking up toys.  Or lecture them about said jobs.

So we have a new system.  You will be amazed at this revolutionary idea.

On Saturday morning, I slap up a piece of paper on the refrigerator that has their chores for the morning.

It isn't very sophisticated, but I am liking it.   The girls are usually in the best moods in the morning, and we typically don't have a ton going on on Saturday morning.   We still have a long ways to go on doing these chores with a good attitude, but I am hoping that as this becomes the routine, the complaining will lessen.
Only time will tell.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK. HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU.
MAMMA

meganmk said...

I like it....I have been trying to find the right "system" for our family, too. But like you, the LAST thing I need is ONE MORE thing to do....hand out stickers/make smiley faces/etc.

I'm on it.

I need to make Emory a little "getting ready for school" list of some sort; she can be SO Hard to get out the door!!

Nathan said...

Maybe you shouldn't call them 'chores'.