Sunday, August 7, 2011

Colorado 2011

Our annual trip to Colorado is a week I look forward to every year, and this year was no exception. 
We packed our bags, loaded the car, and drove all night to reach our destination. We arrived early in the morning, and I was thrilled to feel the cooler temperatures!


The week was filled with fun activity.
We danced, 

we ate,

we climbed,

and mid-week we were joined by our favorite cowboy cousin!
 

With Brody added to the mix, the fun continued.
The kids had so much fun together in the hammock,

by the creek,

at the horse stables, 



and of course, with LoLo and Pop!

I have been going to the same spot in Colorado since I was a little girl.  I have such great memories of these summer vacations...finding rocks that Nathan and I had hidden the previous year, learning to fish, camping (one time for a week!), and celebrating many birthdays.   All of the kids (minus Graham) slept downstairs in the basement.  It was a week long slumber party, and I couldn't help but think what great memories the kids will have from these trips to Colorado....the same trips I made as a kid.  This is the stuff memories are made of!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes they are great memories! Like the ones I have of chaing your Mother around camp with a dead fish or worm. And your Mother and Uncle Ron sending me out upon our arrival each year to see who was back from years before. These are the good times. Glad you had a great time and are back home in this nice cool country! Love Aunt Jen