Thursday, August 12, 2010

How Quickly They Learn!

When I was pregnant with Clare, we spent a lot of time discussing names. Casey and I both really like family names. All three of our girls have family names somewhere in their first or middle names. We finally decided on "Clare" because it is my grandmother's middle name and my middle name. Because it is a family name, we kept the spelling "Clare," instead of the more common "Claire."


During the week of VBS, Clare walked into her classroom and was talking with her teacher who was filling out name tags. Her teacher said, "What's your name?" and
Miss Priss responded, "Clare, with no 'i'."

I guess she will handle having the less common spelling just fine!



2 comments:

Monica said...

I love it!

Mamma said...

DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS THE LESS COMMON WAY TO SPELL IT. LOVE IT ON HER. ,MAMMA