Friday, March 5, 2010

Whirlwind

A month or so ago, I had a random idea that we should look for a new house. After some convincing, Casey slowly came on board. Fast forward to now, we have sold our house and bought another one, and my head is spinning! Although I was the instigator of this idea, I never expected it to happen so fast.

Our house sold in five days! I am beyond thankful...showing your house with three small children is not for the faint of heart. I am so appreciative to our helpful family members who allowed us to trash their homes in the name of keeping mine clean!

We spent one weekend (and many hours on the internet) looking at houses, and I am very excited about the one we found. It has more space, a great backyard, and I look forward to making it our home. Clare's two requests were that her bedroom be upstairs-check, and that it be close to a pool-check! She has asked many questions about the process of moving ("Do we get to take the counters?"), and seems excited about the new adventure. Jane and Sydney don't quite get it, but did enjoy the tour of the new house.

Needless to say, things are crazy busy. We are packing, inspecting, appraising, garage sale-ing, and trying to deal with everyday life as well. With the move and Clare's fourth birthday, March promises to be an exciting month!

2 comments:

Paige and Jon Erickson said...

Congrats on your new house!!! How exciting!!!

Anonymous said...

I THINK YOU ARE DOING GREAT AND I KNOW EXCITED. SO PROUD OF YOU!!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE NEW ONE.