Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Izzy's Birthday Party

Yesterday, Clare informed me that Izzy's (a former imaginary friend who has morphed into a doll) birthday was today and that we were having a party. Since then, that is all I have heard about! The first words out of her mouth this morning were "It's party day!"


The party was scheduled for "after naps," and we spent the morning party planning. Of course, Jane and Sydney were on the guest list, but also helped contribute to the plans. We made cookies, colored pictures, and set up everything.


Right after Christmas, I had a gift certificate to a doll store, and I ordered a bunch of stuff that I have kept hidden. About midday, I remembered that one of the things I had was a "birthday party pack." There seemed to be no better time to unveil it than the day of Izzy's birthday!


I thought Clare's head might explode when she was opening all of the stuff! The pack was complete with a cake, napkins, tablecloth, cups, plates, bowls, decorations and silverware (or 'silverwave' if you're Clare.) She was so excited to get busy with her new stuff!


The party was a success!
The girls seemed to have fun with it, and it was a nice activity on a day that we didn't have much planned. After the party was over, Clare informed me that Maya's birthday is tomorrow and Clara's is the next day. I may have created a monster....

5 comments:

Lometa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY IZZY!

Julie said...

It's official. You are Mom of the Year 2010 already! I mean, who has a doll's birthday party pack on hand in case of a doll party coming up unexpectedly? You do! You rule.

Deedee said...

Izzy's mommy is second only to Izzy's grandmommy !!

Kim said...

That is such a cute story. Your house sounds really fun!!!

Kelly Litton said...

I second Julie's comment! You are amazing!