Monday, April 27, 2009

Groundhog Day


By design, we are pretty "routined" around here. I work best knowing what comes next, and I think my kids do too. Typically, our days look pretty similar. Of course our activities vary between park trips, mall trips, playing in the backyard, going to the library, grocery store, etc., but the timing of everything stays pretty consistent day to day. So much so that there are some days when it seems as though I am living in the movie Groundhog Day. Clare has certain phrases/questions that she asks at the same time everyday.

Every morning, Clare wakes us up with her sweet little voice asking, "Daddy, do you have to go to work today?"
EVERY MORNING.

Fixing her hair is Clare's least favorite part of the day.
Whenever I am telling her what we are doing for the day, the first thing she always says is, "Do we have to fix my hair?"
EVERY DAY.

While we are eating dinner, the conversation usually follows this pattern:
Clare: Who is taking the baths?
Daddy or Mommy: I am.
Clare: Do we have to wash my hair?
EVERY NIGHT.

Then we go to bed and hear it all over again the next day!


3 comments:

Deedee said...

Same routine EVERYDAY ??? Like mother, like daughter !!

DCVol said...

This made me laugh because I soooo feel like the movie "Groundhog Day" on many days.....your girls are adorable!

Katy said...

Sounds strangely familiar.... Welcome to life with a 3 year old!