Thursday, March 26, 2009

Remembering...Part 3


Clare's first year flew by. I think she was probably about two months old when I started planning her first birthday party. Even Casey got in on the action, building me a giant cupcake to place in the front yard. I made a big cupcake cake, tons of cupcakes, cupcake shaped cookies for favors, ordered a cupcake dress, the list goes on and on. I had so much fun doing it, and was excited for the big day!



The party was a success...or so it seemed. Clare was in a good mood, looked adorable, and seemed to have a good time, although she didn't dive into her cake like I'd thought she would. Friends and family were there, and all seemed to have a good time.

Little did I know that the real "fun" would begin after the party. That evening I started feeling strange. My stomach was rumbling and didn't feel right. A few hours later, the bug hit, and it hit hard. Not long after, Casey succumbed to whatever "it" was. It was a nasty bug that left both of us totally drained for about 24 hours.

Over the course of the next couple of days, we heard reports of almost all of our party guests falling prey to whatever virus/food poisoning we had served up. Quite a party favor, right? Thankfully, Clare (and my grandmother) never got sick. We later learned that it traveled past our guests, which led me to believe it was a virus, but nonetheless, Clare's first birthday party will always be remembered as


"Cupcakes, Salmonella style."


1 comment:

Julie said...

How could I forget the infamous birthday party?? I don't think I've ever been so sick and had it be worth it!!!

It's been 2 years since then??? No....