Saturday, March 21, 2009

Remembering....Part 1

In light of Clare's upcoming third birthday, combined with the fact that I wasn't blogging during Clare's first two years, I am going to do a few posts this week remembering some special times with my oldest girl.

On Thursday, March 30, 2006, I checked into the hospital at 7:30 a.m. with Casey by my side. Soon the waiting room would be filled with soon-to-be grandparents. I was 38 weeks pregnant, and the day I was going to become a mom had finally arrived.


I had a great pregnancy and felt good for the majority of it. We found out we were having a girl when I was 20 weeks along, the Monday before Thanksgiving of 2005. After much discussion, we decided to name her Clare Morgan Eoff. Clare is my middle name and my maternal grandmother's middle name. Morgan has a strong history on Casey's side of the family, including his father, grandfather and sister.


My induction began on that Thursday morning, and soon labor was underway. It is a strange feeling knowing the day your child will be born. It isn't like in the movies with the frantic drive to the hospital in the middle of the night, but it definitely brings it's own sense of excitement. I think Casey and I knew our lives were about to change; but looking back, we had no idea how much life would change, nor how thankful we would be for that change.


Clare was born at 5:39 p.m., weighing 8 lbs., 2 oz. She didn't look at all like I expected. She had dark hair, and a lot of it, with olive skin. She was beautiful. And she was ours. I remember looking into her eyes and feeling like I had known her all my life.


Clare's birthday was such a special, monumental day in my life. A day that we will certainly celebrate in the next week!

4 comments:

Deedee said...

Seems like yesterday !!

Amy Wilson said...

I remember meeting you in our small group when we were both pregnant. Rachel Claire will be 3 on March 28th. What an adventure these past 3 years have been (and we didn't have twins--I can't even imagine!) I really enjoy watching Clare grow up through your blog.

Julie said...

I does seem like yesterday I saw those pictures for the first time....she has been such a treat!

Please, please post the Sports Illustrated swimsuit model picture!!!

Brooke said...

So sweet. I am catching up after a while so I read back a few entries. Love the story about the blueberries in Costco...